Seattle Real Estate  |  Phone: 206-347-3558  |  Toll Free: 888-766-8884  |  Contact Us

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Blanket Deepens in Shoreline

Shoreline, like the entire Seattle area, is having a snow day. Well, two snow days. For the second day in a row schools have closed, and even as I type snow is continuing to fall. Yesterday when I visited Helen in her restaurant Toyoda's (I'll blog on that too!) she told me that a White Christmas is predicted. Great!

When I went up to Top Market to pick up some eggs (and some eggnog!) and take a look around, traffic was out and about, but reduced, and everyone was going much slower than usual. We are not used to much snow in Seattle so it is not usual for people to be very prepared. I hear that the Home Depot guy told my friend who went in for De-Icer (sp??) that he was about the 100th person who'd asked for it...this was last night before the even heavier snow fall that was happening today. No more De Icer, we were told!

I took my dog Yuki for a walk this morning in Richmond Beach and checked out the scenary. I saw kids playing in the snow at the playground and park at Richmond Beach Library (which is closed due to the weather). Every little fence looks sweet and each leaf is covered with it's own little frosting. There is poetry in the details everywhere you look.
Let's face it, it might be harder to drive, but everything has turned magic under the winter white! A day like this, just taking a walk makes life worth living. And everyone was experiencing the snow in their own way.
People were out clearing off their paths or walking their dogs, and sledding down any convenient slope (hey, everything is covered, it really is a winter playground out there!) on a sled, huge tupperware lid, or a snowboard! We might manage a respectable snowman by evening...
All I know is that even though my toes got cold, my heart is warmer for that walk through our snow blanketed neighborhood seeing everyone out there saying hello to each other and playing like snow only comes once a year! (and really, you know, it usually comes four or five times...)





Edy Kizaki
Realtor, Team Leader
Seattle PowerSearch Team
206-331-0152
edy@seattlepowersearch.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home